What Is Black Mold?
You may hear the term "Black Mold" on the news or see it online as a threat to your home and your family. Black mold typically refers to Stachybotrys which may cause health effects in your home. But it is important to remember that not all mold is "Black Mold", even if it looks black!
You can trust the mold mitigation experts at SERVPRO of Chaska/Chanhassen to properly investigate and if needed, mitigate any mold in your home. We specialize in providing home owners and business owners peace of mind - In most cases mold issues are not as severe as they may first appear. But even if they are, our certified technicians have the training, tools and resources to properly clean it up!
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Chaska / Chanhassen immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (952) 314-1994
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Chaska / Chanhassen is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Norwood Young America